Monday, February 23, 2009

Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto Oscar Speech




The Im Just Saying Award for the best Oscar speech goes to........ drum roll...............

MR ROBOTO!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes peeps, Kunio Kato who won for Short Film Animated and had the best speech eva!!!!

Okay, if you were not watching... he is Japanese. Has a funny accent and a HUGE sense of humor. Now when I was in San Diego recently, I was consulting for a Japanese company and we would go around saying.. Hi! Hi! (say it with a closed throat and very fast and forceful) and the other thing we would say is, Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto... it became infectious.

HIS ACCEPTANCE SPEECH
So havy. Sank you berry much.
Sank you, my suppatas.
Sank you, all my stuff.
Sank you, my pencil. - I swear. thats what he said..
Sank you, Akadomy.
Sank you, anamashawn.
Sank you my company, Robot.
Domo arigato, Mista Roboto.
Sank you berry much.

TRANSLATED ACCEPTANCE SPEECH
So heavy.
Thank you very much.
Thank you, my supporters.
Thank you, all my staff.
Thank you, my producer. I am pretty sure that is what he meant
Thank you, Academy.
Thank you, animation.
Thank you my company, Robot.
Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto.
Thank you very much.

I'm just saying...




Okay.. for you bone headed peeps who don't get the Domo Arigato, Mr Roboto reference, well first of all. Domo Arigato in Japanese means.. Thank you or Sank You. And the most important part is the song.. see below if you never listened to STYX before..



blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Site Meter